This year has been an exciting year with variety of learning on technologies. A notable list of subjects and achievements is following:
- No-SQL Object storage
- MongoDB (internals)
- Openstack Swift (internals)
- Speaking at PyCon, Auckland, New Zealand
Reflecting on the time of this year, I have learned following:
- Work plays a major role in man’s happiness. Choose your workplace well. It includes your company’s future prospects, your inclination towards the technology, your teammates and amenable working conditions.
- Diversity in your learning is crucial. We need to learn all that can take us forward and make us think wider, deeper.
- Working independently is the best thing. Being a team player is good, but be ready to be a one man army, anytime.
- Thinking and doing need to go hand in hand. Ideas that work, are awesome.
- Never get comfortable with anything. As soon as you do, try something uncomfortable.